Don’t forget to read my extensive guide to the best sleep masks of 2019.
If you’ve ever tried using a sleep mask, you probably already know that a good investment in a high-quality mask will make a huge difference to how well you sleep.
I’ve done the hard work for you and have sifted through hundreds of sleep mask reviews. Below are some of the best sleep masks you can buy right now — definitely fit for purpose.
|MZOO Sleep Eye Mask||Best Overall|
|Silk Eye Mask||Budget Pick|
|Manta Sleep Mask||Upgrade Pick|
1. MZOO Sleep Eye Mask
- Reasonable price
- Comfortable and breathable
- Built from soft and sturdy materials
The MZOO sleep mask isn’t much to look at, but it succeeds on filling a need in the market. Traditional sleep masks are trifold cardboard pieces that fit over your eyes and block light out with some combination of elastic straps and a solid plastic piece that fits over your head to keep the mask on your face.
The MZOO sleep mask is made from soft and sturdy hypoallergenic polyester. It does not have an elastic band, so it relies on the contouring of the material to both keep it in place and to block out light.
It’s also designed to be breathable, so the soft polyester contours to your face while it blocks out light and leaves enough space for you to sleep.
2. ALASKA BEAR® Natural Silk Sleep mask & Blindfold
- Comes With 2 Straps (one for nose and one for mouth)
- Made with fair trade, natural organic silk
- Maximum level of dark for better sleep (blackout)
The Alaska Bear silk sleeping mask designed with 2 straps. One strap goes over the head to keep the mask on you. The other strap goes over your head and holds the mask on your face
Its adjustable strap is also great. We love the use of velcro in the strap because velcro is a lot more adjustable than a strap. The velcro strap has an elastic to expand the size of the velcro strap if you want to use it over a helmet, etc.
It is also well padded so it does not pack into your eyes.
3. Manta Sleep Mask
- Replaceable 30mm Premium Memory Foam Cushion
- Machine Washable
People with Lifestyle-Related Sleep Problems, and Shift Work Eaters!
The Manta Sleep Mask is a stylish way to tackle your sleep problems. It completely blocks out light thanks to its thick memory foam cushions. In fact, when I tested this product for myself, I fell asleep in under a minute and woke up the next morning with no signs of sleep deprivation.
Overall, I’d recommend this mask to anyone with a hard time falling or staying asleep or if you want to spend your days feeling more refreshed.
4. ZGGCD 3D Sleep Mask
- Unique and minimal design
- Comes with a pouch
ZGGCD is a brand that specializes in various bedroom and sleep accessories. This mask is their flagship product. They bill it as the world’s first and most functional contour eye mask.
The way this design works to block out light is that the mask is intended to lie flat around your eyes and completely cover your eyes. It completely covers your eyes with a soft, hypoallergenic material. Inside are tiny slits only large enough for your eyelashes to fall in when you blink. They will cut the glare from the light enough so that it’s not a distraction. The mask is also reversible, so you can reverse it to a black side when you want your husband to not see if you’re staring at him while he sleeps.
ZGGCD stands out from other sleep masks because of its simple, yet thoughtful design. The brand name is imprinted in silver on the front. The back has a comfortable elastic band and an easy adjusting dial. The elastic is thick and the mask doesn’t ever slip down for the most comfortable fit.
5. Cute Novelty Cartoon Animal Sleeping Sleep Mask Eye Shade Cover Funny Eye Mask
- Adjustable elastic band, one size fits most, comfortably fits head circumference up to 23 inches
- Foldable ultra-thin and lightweight single layer sleep mask, the eye mask is soft yet sturdy design, feels light and can be folded into pouch to carry easily
Eye Mask is washable and reusable. Easily cleaned with water and soap and stores in super-soft microfiber bag and is antibacterial and keeps your eyes from dryness.
Light blocking is a new concept that is increasing its popularity and especially in America where sleep deprivation is at an all time high and many people have no idea what Light Relief is, you'll be one of the first people to introduce your friends, family and co-workers, to light blocking.
Selected Amazon bestseller.
6. Sleep Mask Sleepfun Invisible Alar Deep Orbit 3D Eye Mask Ultra Lightweight & Comfortable Sleeping Mask
- Fits comfortably
- Keeps light out well
- No sleep timer
- Largest size is not available in most color options
The Sleepfun Eye Mask is a popular pick among Amazon reviewers for its affordability and high quality.
You can enjoy your sleep with this quality Sleep Mask, which can also help you drift off into sleep when traveling on long trips. This comfortable sleep mask features a soft adjustable velcro back strap to suit various face sizes and keeps out any light.
If you’re going to buy an eye mask, you may as well get one that keeps out all the light. That’s precisely what you’re getting with this Sleepfun Eye Mask.
7. YIVIEW Sleep Mask Pack of 3
- Value for the Money
- Excellent Customer Ratings
- Multiple Color Options
YIVIEW sleep mask provides excellent light reduction, with both an elastic band around the back of the head to hold it in place and even a string to cover your eyes if you want a really solid blockage of light.
The cloth is soft and lightweight and, as YIVIEW mentions in their product description, is a black-polyester-Mylar type fabric. What that means, according to the company, is that the product is soft, light-weight, thin at 0.02 inches and a good combination of the three properties mentioned.
The product contains high-quality lenses and is suitable for multiple types of work. Customers who have purchased the product have found it to be suitable for sleeping, travel, shifting and also for naps and for night blindfolds.
8. IMAK Compression Pain Relief Mask and Eye Pillow
- Relieves migraine, headache, sinus pain, and more
- Includes plastic insert for easy storage
- Therapeutic compression
- Hypoallergenic materials
- Soft, smooth, washable, and adjustable
- Adjustable strap
- Universal size fits all adults
- Full coverage might make it harder to fall asleep
- Not the most breathable mask
Suffering from migraines, headaches, tension, or sinus pain? The IMAK Compression Pain Relief Mask and Eye Pillow can help!
This amazing mask and eye pillow provides therapeutic and neuromuscular compression to key pressure points in your head and neck to relieve pain, improve your sleeping position, and get much better sleep. The materials used in this mask combine with their amazing design to create an efficient product that will have you getting the best night’s sleep you’ve had in a while.
The IMAK Compression Pain Relief Mask can be used on its own or in conjunction with other pain relief and sleeping aids such as ice packs, heating pads, and other compression masks.
9. Eye Mask
- This Eye Mask is a great price on Amazon and was top rated when it came to looking at eye mask reviews.
It is more flexible and contoured for comfort and a better fit than some of the others I tried. I was completely amazed by the quality and feel of this sleep mask. I slept comfortably and soundly and was able to maintain good sleeping patterns while using this mask.
The material was incredibly soft but durable, I think it will last a long time and certainly did not feel like it was made cheaply.
The mask did not get in the way of my sleeping patterns, it did not touch my eyelids and did not feel like it was causing me any loss of oxygen. I always had a good nights rest when I used this mask.
10. Sleeping Mask,Unimi 3D Sleep Mask
- Ultra-soft memory foam over the eyes and nose
- Memory foam keeps it comfortable
- Adjustable head strap
- Light blocking
- Machine washable
- 90-day money back guarantee
11. 2020 Upgraded Sleep Eye Mask
- Durable, quality materials.
- Comforable, and easy to adjust.
- Blacked out my vision completely, taking away any distractions.
- Easy to take on and off.
- Lightweight and easily packable.
- The price is just perfect!
- Absolutely worth every penny.
- The only downside (which is why I gave 4 stars) is that I’m concerned the material may get stretched out with use over time, but that’s for me to find out.
This product is super comfortable, and is very adjustable so you can find the perfect fit for your needs. It also completely blocks out your vision, and has just enough grip to stay in place throughout your sleep.
Namru, the company who makes the eye mask, shipped the product very fast. It arrived 6 days after I ordered, which is a really good shipping time. The packaging was nice, and so was the cloth bag that came with the mask.
Overall, I’m very satisfied with this product, it did its job, it was comfortable, and very affordable. I would highly recommend this sleep eye mask.
12. Kimkoo Cotton Sleep Mask-Sleeping Mask Blocking Out Light Perfectly
- Fits perfectly
- Very soft and comfortable to wear
- Excellent sleeping quality
- Quite expensive
- A bit difficult to clean
Kimkoo has gained a huge customer base for its impressive range of men’s and women’s sleep masks. The features of this eye mask make it worth every single dollar you would be spending.
Made from a soft cotton knit, this is a very comfortable mask to wear.
It is designed in such a way that the elastic band sits well behind your ears to let you sleep comfortably.
13. Bucky 40 Blinks No Pressure Beauty & Travel Eye Masks
- Lightweight, comfortable eye masks
- You get two masks for less than the cost of one
- Easy to adjust straps
- One size fits all
- Some users have reported the straps breaking
- There have been a few complaints about the lights not working
Here's a unique product on the market that can actually help you sleep better. It's a set of two eye masks. Both are lightweight and comfortable and help create the ideal sleeping environment. They block out light and reduce exposure to blue light, which can interfere with the sleep cycle. This can make you feel more rested in the morning and also help you go to sleep faster.
There are no wires or ribbons to get in the way. These masks are also easy to adjust to fit any size head. Each features a different, but subtle light pattern that gradually fades into complete darkness while you are falling asleep.
The masks also completely block out light and any external stimuli. People have reported that this allows them to drift off more quickly.
14. 100% Handmade Cotton Sleep Mask Blackout
- This sleep mask is a little bit different than most because it’s made with 100% cotton.
This is a big deal if you have particularly sensitive or dry skin because you won’t experience any itching or discomfort. Some people even report that their breakouts have cleared up by using this mask.
Probably one of my favorite components of this mask is the adjustable strap that you can loosen or tighten to fit to your face however you choose.
This mask is a basic black color that makes it easy to match with any sleeping attire. It stays in place once you tighten the strap around your head, and it provides you with a pretty comprehensive blackout experience.
15. Sleep Mask
- Adjustable Straps
- Wide Surface that Fits Your Eyes Comfortably
- Fits Small and Large Heads
The Sleep Mask is my top pick for best eye masks. It comes with adjustable straps, so you can tighten or loosen the sleep mask as you need it and make sure it fits perfectly on your head.
This sleep mask is contoured to fit the natural curve of your eyes and eyes won’t get foggy on you. It is made of a soft and comfortable non-toxic hypoallergenic material that allows for an easy night’s sleep.
The Sleep Mask not only comes in black but also comes in red, blue, green, orange, white, and purple.
16. JEFlex Natural Silk Sleep Mask Blindfold
- Especially comfortable because it's made from silk
- Easy to put on and take off
- Can get warm under heavy eye makeup
- Has a weird texture that can't be smoothed after washing
You need a silk sleep mask if you're looking both for comfort and effective blackout coverage. That's why I've ranked this model from JEFlex so highly on my best sleep masks list.
If you're a person whose sleep is often disturbed by the slightest bit of light coming in through your eyelids, this sleep mask from JEFlex could be the solution you're looking for. This mask completely blackens out your field of vision, and the 100% silk nylon material is soft and comfortable to the touch without causing any irritation to the skin around your eyes.
One of the nicest things I can say about the JEFlex sleep mask is that it can be worn for a long time. When the mask is covering your eyes, even at night, the fabric feels soft and comforting, and you can leave it on without worrying about your eyes drying out.
17. Sleep Headphones Bluetooth Eye Mask
- Perfect for long flights, train or bus rides, etc.
- Includes noise-cancellation technology
- Water- and sweat-resistant
- Very handy in-line remote track and call control
- Can play music up to 40 hours without recharging it
- Sound quality could be better
- Lacks bass
I love the Joseche Sleep Headphones for a lot of reasons. It is the first Bluetooth sleep mask for me and my family. This product appears very high standard and durable. The sound is clear, and you can hear clearly voice from the other side. It is comfortable and perfect for your traveling. The yellow color is very pretty and it fits me. I think this will be a nice gift for your family member or your family.
What can you do with it?
Clear sound quality and deep bass. The noise canceling feature is perfect for blocking out noises, so you can sleep without hearing the airplane roar. The touch control is simple and intuitive to use once you set it.
18. Mavogel Cotton Sleep Eye Mask
19. LULUSILK Mulberry Silk Sleep Eye Mask Blindfold
- The Mulberry Silk material is 100% Mulberry Silk that is durable, hypo-allergenic, soothing for the eyes, and provides an excellent sleeping experience.
- The cover is 100% Mulberry Silk and so is the elastic strap, silk ring, and the air vent.
- The elastic strap is not just elastic, it is non-absorbent and overstretching the elastic will not harm it.
- Washing instructions: Wash the Mulberry Silk Eye Mask in cool water with a mild detergent. Then hang it to dry in the shade.
- Two colors to choose from-light pink and darker pink.
- The quality of the Mulberry Silk makes it wearable for 3 to 4 months.
- The only con that I can think of is that there is no tag that provides washing instructions.
“The Mulberry silk eye mask is really soft and comfortable to wear. I love the elastic strap with the silk ring is both elegant and easy to adjust. Using it only one night greatly decreased my anxiety and helped me fall asleep faster.”
20. Jersey Slumber 100% Silk Sleep Mask
This is an excellent sleep mask. Sleep comfortably and in total darkness with the Jersey Slumber sleep mask. Your eyes are in complete darkness. Jersey Slumber sleep mask is comfortable in every position. It's perfect for side sleepers, back sleepers, as well as stomach sleepers.
This sleep mask is made from 100% high quality silk fabric, very soft and comfortable to wear without pressure points. It's snug, but not tight, around your face while you sleep. Super soft to the touch, which is soothing while you sleep.
This silk sleep mask is very comfortable. It doesn't apply any pressure on your eyes. You won't wake up with puffy eyes when you wake up in the morning. It's the perfect travel sleep mask or for everyday use. Put the Jersey Slumber sleep mask in your carry-on bag to use in public.
21. Natural Silk Sleep Mask
- The silk is of highest quality for an extremely smooth and soft touch
- The adjustable strap makes it especially versatile
- The price is reasonable for such a luxurious item
- Highly recommended for light sleepers
I’ve tried several eye masks over the years, from sports models to microfiber ones, but none as luxurious as this one.
The design makes the natural silk feel smooth and cool to the touch. It has a thin strap that you can adjust to fit any sized head, and a sturdy little clip that helps the headband stay in place.
All in all, the eye mask feels great against the skin, and it blocks out light incredibly well. Although it does not have blindfold or earplugs, if you’re looking for something not specifically for sleeping, the headband is adjustable enough to accommodate both of these.
22. Bedtime Bliss Luxury Sleeping Eye Mask
- Double layer for complete blackout during sleep
- Comfortable fit
- Eye mask is small enough that it can be worn over glasses
- Great for side and back sleepers
- Blackout is as promised
- Good for men, women and kids
There is a minor sharp little edge that you have to cut off of the inside of the elastic loop right below the nose hole. It's not really sharp, but it's noticeable. So, I did a little digging with two pairs of scissors and a nail clipper, and was able to file it down.
23. Silk Eye Mask
The Silk Home bed sleep mask is as simple as it gets. The construction is of a pure silk fabric that is known for its breathability and does a good job of holding in heat.
The Velcro strap provides great versatility as it will adjust to most head sizes. When you need to use it, simply unfold it from its compact form and adjust it around your head.
24. Sleep Master Sleep Mask
- Adjustable Straps For A Snug Fit Overnight/Travel
- Non-Allergenic Zippered Closure For Easy Storage
- Lightweight And Space Saving Design
- Comes With a Carrying Case
- Water Resistant
- Easy To Clean
- Stimulation reduction (helps you fall asleep faster)
This sleeping mask is as close to perfection as they come for a variety of reasons. It’s so soft against your skin and it stays in place well throughout the night.
There’s no Velcro, so there’s no noise and nothing to mess with if you’re trying to sleep. The material feels luxurious and smooth, so it feels comfortable all night long. The material is also light and breathable, so you don’t end up with a sweaty face.
The Sleep Master comes with a zippered closure that’s great for travel. The soft, cloth-like storage pouch doubles as a cleaning cloth, which you can easily throw in your suitcase when you need.
25. Sleep Mask
- Comfy and adjustable eye covers
- Sound-proofing earplugs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best sleep mask to buy?
In our search for the best sleep masks in 2021, we found that the best sleep mask should work for the following purposes:
- to block all light, not just a little bit
- to be comfortably soft and
- to not overheat during the night
It was almost difficult to find a sleep mask that did all three of these things, but we did find some. They weren’t the most popular sleep masks, but they may be the best sleep masks.
The top three sleep masks for 2016 are the Yellow Eye Mask for Sleeping- Sexy Future Rose, the Dream Vision Eye Cover and the Sleep Easy Sleep Mask. They were simply the best sleep masks in our own testing.
Do sleep masks really work?
A good sleep mask can definitely help you fall asleep and stay asleep. In fact, many sleep experts recommend using a sleep mask as a sleep aid. They are especially helpful for people who need to sleep during the day but suffer from light sensitivity and cannot sleep in dark rooms. A sleep mask can be worn over your eyes for approximately 30 minutes in the evening about an hour before bedtime. The darkness will help put you into a sleep-friendly state of mind, then as your head hits the pillow it is likely you will drift off quickly into a deep, restorative sleep.
Is it bad to sleep with an eye mask?
Nearly every adult person will occasionally have a problem falling asleep or staying asleep. Maybe you are jet lagged from stopping in a different time zone or maybe you just have trouble relaxing and getting comfortable enough to sleep. If you have trouble sleeping or staying asleep something as simple as sleeping with an eye mask can really help.
Scientists believe that the light from any source, even the blue light from your phone or computer screen, can keep your brain stimulated for hours after you use it. Whether this is officially proven or not it’s something we can all run with. Personally, I get a nice restful sleep if I can keep the light from bothering me for a few hours.
Are weighted sleep masks good for you?
Weighted sleep masks are great for relaxation. If you are someone who has a hard time shutting off the stresses of the day, a weighted sleep mask can help you relax and calm down. Weighted sleep masks are also helpful for relaxation because you have to keep them on your face. Maintaining a proper position each time you put the sleep mask on and take it off will help you train yourself to relax and stay relaxed on a consistent basis.
If your sleep quality isn’t much to write home about, a weighted sleep mask can be a great tool to fight your stress. Weighted sleep masks are generally available in a variety of shapes, materials, and weights. That means it is easy to find a weighted sleep mask that is the perfect fit for you. Everyone is different, and different materials and weights can help you find the exact sleep experience that’s perfect for you.
Not all sleep masks are created equal. If you’re looking for one that you can use on an airplane to block out light, with blackout curtains to block out light from street lights, or for use with a CPAP machine, you need to know the difference. The key is understanding respiration. Sleep masks are great at blocking light and reducing noise, but until they understand respiration, they don’t block the light well enough from the machines. This is why we’ve made sure to include a quality mask on this list.
|MZOO Sleep Eye Mask||Best Overall|
|Silk Eye Mask||Budget Pick|
|Manta Sleep Mask||Upgrade Pick|