If you have long hair, you’re probably all too familiar with the hassle of managing your hair when you’re getting ready in the morning. I’ve had long hair for as long as I can remember, so I certainly know what I’m talking about.
These days, there are some really effective methods for keeping your long hair together, and one of the most popular methods is to use hair clips.
This product is loved by many women, and I’m personally a big fan. Below, you’ll find my exclusive reviews of my favorite hair clips.
|Wpxmer 120 Pack Colorful Hair Clips||Best Overall|
|Revlon Rubberized Double Grip Black Hair Clips||Budget Pick|
|France Luxe Extra Volume Barrette||Upgrade Pick|
1. Wpxmer 120 Pack Colorful Hair Clips
- Ideal for all kinds of hair
- Nicely packaged
- Tons of colors to choose
2. Art Nouveau Swirl Hair Clip
- Works with all hair types
- Easy to create different hairstyles
- Works for men and women
- Takes some extra effort to install
- Might pull some hair if the pin to insert the hair is not properly placed
The Art Nouveau hair clips from Oberon Designs are the best hair clips for thick hair or people looking for a stylish clip to try a new hairstyle with.
These metallic swirls are best for people of all ages who want to try a fun, new hairstyle without having to visit the salon.
The included French clip (80mm) in this purchase fits medium to long hair and would be appropriate for most people. Sometimes, it can be difficult to install, but it only takes a few tries to get the hang of it.
3. QingHan 40Pcs 3 inch Hair Bows
- Comes with 40 pieces
- No damage to hair
- Can interchange between different outfits
- It is made of high quality materials
- It means the clips can be used by children
- Each order contains a variety of colors.
- Not washable
- They are difficult to put in hair
- Cannot handle really thick hair
What Makes QingHan’s Clips Great?
This set of QingHan adjustable hair clips comes with multiple colors, which makes it a perfect option if you have multiple kids. It includes several colors, including white, black, pink, blue, green, red, and other colors that will match your kids’ outfit for the day, which makes it convenient for both parents and children.
Made with high quality materials, the clips are sturdy and durable. They are easy to use. No matter if you have thick or thin hair, the clips work in both cases. The clips are also made to fit both thick and thin hair.
4. Baby Hair Clips and Bows 2 Inch Fully Lined Tiny Barrettes
- 12 Pieces
- Popular Pattern
- Great For Styling Baby Hair
This cute and stylish set of hair clips for girls is an absolute necessity for any hair-styling mama. These clips and pearls are made of plastic.
This is a set of 12 hair clips with barrettes and three clip styles. They are 2 inches long. Perfect for any occasion or any age of baby from infants to kids.
These fully lined tiny barrettes will also come in very handy for toddlers and preschoolers whose hair is in constant need of gentle styling.
5. Alligator Hair Clips
- They last a long time
- They hold really well
- They give you a nice, clean look
- The perfect product for thick hair types
- They don’t break/tore as easily as others
- Really cheap
- They’re not sticky
- They don’t have a strong grip
- The packaging is horrible
Overall, the Alligator Hair Clips truly deserve the title of the best hair clips. They’re cheap, don’t break easily, and they hold your hair well.
6. Revlon Rubberized Double Grip Black Hair Clips
- Wide and secure
With these clips from Revlon, you don’t have to worry about them slipping. Since they’re designed out of rubber, they grip one’s hair and don’t let go.
They’re super affordable and work just as good as other high-quality hair clips out there. This is a smart choice if you’re a little on the skeptical side but still want to give these hair clips a try. You can find these Revlon clips on Amazon or any hair salon.
7. Hair Claw Clips 8 Colors
- The box design is beautiful and a great storage
- Great quality hair clip, very durable
- Multiple choices for people with different style
- Great deal and amazing quality
- Perfect for party favor, stocking stuffer, home decoration
- Cheap enough to give away as a gift
- The packaging could be better
- The Claw design is not as strong as some customers have hoped for so the clip doesn't slide in smoothly. The manufacturing also needs some improvement. If I had to pick one complaint about this hair clip, I would say that since this is an inexpensive hair clip, I wish that it would be made with a better quality materials.
- The claw design is perfect for hair styles, but it could be stronger.
- The clip is a lot bigger than I thought it would be.
- The clips either slide out too easy or they won't come out without a lot of effort.
For Party, Wedding, Daily Groom.
The claw design is perfect for hair styles, but it could be stronger.
The clip is a lot bigger than I thought it would be.
8. Xtava Styling Hair Clips
- Just the right amount of tension
- Long teeth for easy grip
- Perfect for any length of hair
- Doesn’t pull on hair
- May be big for smaller people
- May require you to push clips through hair
Non Damaging: Salon Uses
These hair clips are great for anyone looking for beautiful hair without slipping out of place. They are great for long sleek hair or even thick frizzy tresses.
They will hold hair of all lengths and textures and they come in a beautiful case to keep them organized in the messy drawer of hair accessories.
9. 3.5 Inches Duck Bill Hair Clips Metal Alligator Curl Clips Sectioning Clips
- Great for any hairstyle
- Plated with Chrome finish
- Beautiful and stylish in design
- Incredible quality
If you are looking for great quality hair clips, you can try these amazing hair clips. What makes these hair clips so popular is their quality.
They are made from high-grade metal, which means that they are super durable and suitable for long-term daily use. They also have gorgeous and stylish designs.
10. QtGirl Snap Hair Clips 72pcs 2" No Slip Metal Hair Clip Barrettes
- High quality clips
- Any hair length
- Works for most hair types
- Good price
Whether you need to braid your daughter’s hair or get your daughter’s attention, the QtGirl Snap Hair Clips provides the ideal option for either.
These hair clips are super sharp, so you won’t have trouble getting them in your child’s hair. They’re designed so that no strands will get stuck in the clips.
The snap hair clips come in sets of 20 or 72, so if you’re new you can get just one pack to test it out. They’re better than the classic butterfly hair clips because they don’t damage or break as easily.
11. Fashion & Lifestyle Set of 4 Large Metal Alloy Alligator Sectioning Clips
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Can be found in a variety of colors
- Clip may not be strong enough to hold some hair types
- May be missing some of the advertised features
The Fashion & Lifestyle Set of 4 Large Metal Alloy Alligator Sectioning Clips for Women and Girls sees to it you get your hair just how you like it. This set comes with 4 metal clips in different colors. The main benefit of metal clips over plastic is that you won’t have to worry about them breaking off or becoming weaker over time with regular use.
The metal clips slip seamlessly into hair without any snagging, and they fit tightly enough to hold wavy and curly hair types. Even those with thick hair can use these clips that are strong enough to hold multiple sections of hair on a single clip.
The 4 colors available come in red, black, blue, and aquamarine. Consumers love them because they add a touch of color to any hairstyle.
12. Rosette Large Chic Styling Hair Claw Clip Organic Glass Hair Clips Clamps Indoor Outdoor Hair Grip Hairpins Hairgrip
- Larger size fits thick hair
- Can be used in hair styles for short or long hair
- No clips needed, no need to worry about clips falling out of your hair
- Comes in six different colors and styles
- Won’t twist your hair
- Comfortable to wear
- Easy to use
- They stay in place
13. Ondder Butterfly Clips Pro Butterfly Hair Clamps 12 Pack Hair Claw Clips Salon Section Clip
- 12 metal clips
- Perfect for all hair types, shapes, and lengths
- They’re great for weddings, proms, and everyday use
- Great value for the price
If you need the best accessories for your hair, then these butterfly hair clips will be perfect for you.
This pack of clips is delivered to you in a stylish and nostalgic box. When it arrives, you will soon realize that the entire interior of the box is covered with hair clips, which is a nice touch. The box has a magnetic closure which keeps all the clips inside safe and sound.
You get 12 metal clips with this pack. This means you have a variety of sizes and different looks you can try out.
14. Onlyesh 8 PCS Pearl Hair Clips
- Many colors to choose from
- Great for weddings and everyday use
- Beautiful design
The Onlyesh 8 PCS Pearl Hair Clips is a great way to achieve the look you’re going for.
They are fashionable and are great for daily use, for prom, and especially for weddings.
Though they are delicate and should be used with care, they are made with high quality materials and they will last you a long time with proper care.
15. 5 Pieces Crystal Rhinestones Hair Barrettes Flower Butterfly French Clip Vintage Spring Hair Clips Bridal Hair Jewelry
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Pretty and fun to use
- Bigger than regular hair clips
This beautiful package of hair clips comes in a variety of colors so you can choose the one that best fits your outfit or mood.
16. 5 Inch Glitter Hair Bows Boutique Hair Clips 6 Pcs Multi Color Glitter Sequins Big Hair Bows
- Dazzling glitters
- Pretty beads and sequins
- Neon colors and shiny hair bands
- Rhinestone embellishments
- Decorative bling
- Ribbons streamers
- Thick ruffled edges
- Soft, flexible elastic headbands
- Not suitable for very needed adult women
- Not suitable for very needed girls over 3 years old
- Not suitable for very needed toddlers under 18 months old
17. Kitsch Pro Butterfly Hair Clamps
The hooks are double-backed to keep them secured in your hair so you don't have to worry about them slipping out. I've used these clips in the past and I can definitely say that they are the best hair clips out there.
18. Minalo 6pcs Plastic Alligator Hair Clips-Transparent Barrettes
- Great length
- Bright colors
- Last for a long time
The Minalo 6pcs Plastic Alligator Hair Clips is a simple, but also perfectly elegant hair accessory that can be very useful for us.
The length is no more than 3.15 inches, which means you can wear them on most of your hair and they will look nice.
The colors are bright and appropriate for kids. This package also consists of Barrettes, which make the hair clips more comfortable and easier to wear.
19. HipGirl 6pc 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Flower Foam Hair Clip Vacation Accessory.
The HipGirl’s flower hair clips are great for almost any type of dress or shirt when you want to add a little more life to your accessories. The hot pink, blue, yellow, purple, and green flowers clip securely to your hair and you can wear them on both long and short hair. The flowers are cute, soft, and are made of foam so they won’t break your hair when you’re wearing them.
As a bonus, the thread has pretty colors and is thick. If your hair is thin, it can work as a headband on its own. There are 6 hair clips in a pack, so you get a lot of variety and can make all of your friends jealous in the process.
20. IFfree Bangs Mini Hair Claw Clip Hair Pin
- 30 piece set
- Available in different colors
- Variety of designs
- Doesn’t damage hair
- Perfect for long hair
The bangs hair clip is a gorgeous little styling accessory that I’ve been using on my daughter since she was a baby. I love that it’s effective and unobtrusive, and it has a massive variety of colors and patterns. I also think it’s reasonably priced, and definitely a product you should consider!
Whatever your personal needs and preferences are, there are literally hundreds of different hair clips out there, and it’s hard to know where to begin.
Thankfully, hair stylists and hair fashion bloggers often recommend these little clips because they’re great for keeping hair out of your face when you want to focus on other things.
21. France Luxe Extra Volume Barrette
- Made with cruelty-free fishbone clips
- Long enough for all types of hair
- Holds hair well
- Can be used multiple times
(Set of 3)
22. Sufermoe 50 pcs Hair Clips Animal printed pattern Hairpins Non-slip Hair Barrettes Hair Accessories
- The Sufermoe 50 pcs Hair Clips Animal printed pattern Hairpins Non-slip Hair Barrettes Hair Accessories For Dogs Cats Children are great to use in all kinds of hair styles.
- They will not slip or pull strands of hair out and are great for braids, ponytails or twists.
- These hair clips are made from silicone so they will not break or fall out when applied.
- They are so versatile that you can even use them to keep a paper or book marker in place.
- They are suitable for adults, kids, girls and boys.
23. Womens Barrettes
- Stylish and beautiful.
- Durable and can last for a long time.
- Very easy to put in.
- Extremely affordable.
- Wont hold your hair perfectly in place.
- With constant use, the glue might come loose and hair pins fall off.
- Really small and only keeps short hair in place.
These Barrettes have so many uses around the home, office, car – and all events of the festive occasions! The beautiful color combinations make it versatile.
These Barrettes can add a personal touch to your outfit, providing you with an instant style upgrade.
24. Tacticlip – 4 Pack
Half of these hair clips are key clips, which can be used as a money clip. The other half are makeshift clippers, which can act as military hair clippers.
All together, the clips can transform into a multi-tool, with the key clip having the ability to turn into a can opener, box cutter, and a serrated edge.
It’s all about being prepared and having these clips can make your life a lot more dangerous.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are clips better for your hair?
We all know how difficult it is to keep your hair in place when it’s a long way down. Some hair types are naturally prone to shedding and slipping around as well. The good news is, many models of hair clips also come with a feature called crimped teeth which further cut down on slipping and help to keep your hair in place.
If you have very thick hair, you may find that tight clips can cause your hair to break after extended use. When possible, look for models that have sturdy, more rounded teeth instead of sharp, thin teeth which can snap strands. Consider using a clip that has a slide switch if you are a person with thick hair, so you have the option of clipping down just the top part of your hair for a more natural look.
Are hair clips Still in Style 2022?
The first question to ask yourself is if all the hair clips are still in style in 2022. That’s a silly question because hair clips are timeless fashions that you will always have to wear. There are many women out there who think that all the hair clips are still quite popular and they won’t go away in 2022.
Hair clips always make it to my shopping lists. They are my favorite hair fashions that I never stop collecting. I totally support that I and my best friend are not the only fans of the hair clips. They will still be in style in 2022 too. I have done some research on the web and I’ve sought the answers from my parents and my sister. All of them told me that they think the hair clips will still be the hottest hair fashions in 2022.
I believe that wearing hair clips always make me stand out in a crowd.
Are claw hair clips out of style?
You’re probably asking yourself why you are still reading this since you’ve been using claw clips for years. Good news; claw clips are nowhere near being out of style. In fact, they are making a comeback! They have been making a comeback for the past couple of years. We’ve seen them in magazines, we’ve seen them worn by celebrities, and L’Oreal even came out with an entire advertising campaign centered around these hair clips.
Only time will tell if these hair clips reach their peak popularity and then begin a slow decline from being trendy. However, since they are easy to use, comfortable on the head, and flattering for just about all types of hair, we see them being in full use as long as hair accessory manufacturers continue to make them.
What are the big hair clips called?
You’ve probably noticed that there are a lot of different hair clips and other hair accessories out there. There are even some hair accessories that are chosen very specifically for certain types of hair. Some are created specifically for curly hair, while others are made just for thick or straight hair. But obviously, they are all different.
Hair is like snowflakes, and no two people have the same type or thickness of hair. With that being said, it is little wonder that some hair accessories are better suited for one person’s hair than for another.
That is why knowing the meaning of each major hair accessory will help you choose the right ones. Here is a list of the hair accessories you may have been wondering about when shopping.
Finding a hair clip that can accommodate hair thickness of any kind (even thin hair) is hard to do. Our list contains the best all-around hair clips including the best hair clips for thick hair and the best hair clips for thin hair for anyone who wants to have the versatility of just one clip for many hairstyles. We also found the hair clips that were the best budget option for anyone who was looking for a clip that can be purchased without breaking the bank.
|Wpxmer 120 Pack Colorful Hair Clips||Best Overall|
|Revlon Rubberized Double Grip Black Hair Clips||Budget Pick|
|France Luxe Extra Volume Barrette||Upgrade Pick|