Most of us have acne at some point in our lives. For some people, the scars of acne remain. While they may be invisible to others, they can persist as emotional scars too. As someone who was insecure about his acne scars while growing up, I know these emotional scars well.
Thankfully, even though they’re invisible, acne scars can usually be treated. However, finding the right acne scar treatment that works is no easy task. There are so many different creams, lotions, gels, serums and natural acne scar remedies available it can be difficult to know which ones to use.
Check out all of the top acne scar treatments below.
Here’s a list of the best acne scar treatments in 2021.
|Aroamas Advanced Scar Gel Medical-Grade Silicone||Best Overall|
|Acne Free Adapalene Gel 0.1%||Budget Pick|
|Skinuva Next Generation Scar Cream||Upgrade Pick|
1. Aroamas Advanced Scar Gel Medical-Grade Silicone
- Affordable, inexpensive
- 100% natural ingredients with no side-effects
- It is non-toxic, non-irritating and safe to use
- 100% medical grade silicone gel, no additives
- Clinically proven to reduce appearance of scars (including acne scars)
- Appropriate for scars from all body parts
The Advanced Scar Gel is the best scar removal gel on the market. It is 100% natural and made with only the highest quality, safe ingredients.
The reason it is so effective is the combination of ingredients. There are no fillers, no chemicals or water, no wax, it is 100% silicone gel.
The active ingredient in the Advanced Scar Gel is silicone, so it is clear, colorless, odorless and very light.
2. CeraVe Retinol Serum
- Tightens skin
- Extremely effective in lightening acne scars
- Made of simple ingredients
While other products can be expensive for those with acne scars and uneven skin tone, this amazing product is reasonably priced. This is a product that is especially targeted to deal with the effects of acne on the skin.It prevents and treats pimples, blackheads, hyperpigmentation due to sun damage, hyperpigmentation due to acne, redness, and also deal with fine lines and wrinkles. In addition to this, it cleanses and clears skin infections, such as impetigo. Due to its high concentration of the important 7 essential vitamins, it helps to even out skin tone, and the effects of scarring.
It contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid, which are the two key ingredients for renewing skin. It is also cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, suitable for all skin types, and contains no artificial fragrances or dyes.
It also helps in the formation of collagen and elastin, which helps in flushing out dead skin cells and prevents acne scars. It also smoothens out skin texture and promotes a supple, even, and smooth skin.
3. Acne Free Adapalene Gel 0.1%
If you like to be in control of your skincare, you’ll love the ability to order this top-rated product directly through Amazon. This product is regularly the top rated acne product on Amazon because it helps prevent breakouts and helps those with severe acne breakouts.
The best part is that you don’t need a prescription to use it. It works by killing the acne-causing bacteria and also helps to reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Clinically proven to resurface the skin and decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The Clinically tested Matrixyl too help eliminate fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Acne Treatment Natural Cream
- Good for cystic acne
- Smaller container
- Despite being powerful, it’s not for everyone
This cream is perfect for homemade skincare remedies and it really works. It’s 100% organic and cruelty-free. It targets scars, acne, blemishes and pimples.
I started using this cream about a year ago having dark acne scars on my face. I was very skeptical about it, but to my amazement, after around 1.5 weeks my scars faded significantly.
The cream gets into your pores and gently exfoliate them and prevent future acne. It works on daily basis on all skin types fair or dark.
5. Acne Treatment Differin Gel
- Very affordable
- Prevents and reduces pimple and acne formation
- Reduces appearance of acne lesions and the severity of the acne
- Has the potential of skin burn. If you experience this, you need to stop using the product or reduce usage
- Requires a prescription
6. Scar Removal Cream
Product features and information:
Scar Removal cream is made in USA of 100% natural ingredients to lighten dark skin. It is clinically proven non-corrosive formula designed to prove effective relief from dark spots & sun damage, melasma, stretch marks, acne scars, surgical scars and other types of skin darkening. It has no steroids, chemical peels, injections or laser treatments. Our cream is easy-to-use and very effective in reducing the scars. We use advanced low dose ingredients to avoid side effects. The cream works by correcting the melanin production in your skin which in turn helps lighten dark areas. It will take some time, but you will see positive results.
Directions: Start with a small amount of cream and gradually increase it to a pea-sized amount and rub it in the scar area to lighten or remove scars and uneven skin.For dark spots apply 3-4 times a day. We suggest using it on the acne scars as well to achieve the desired results. For younger scars you will need only a few weeks to see results. If its older scar, you may need to use it for 6 months if not longer in some cases.
7. Mederma Advanced Scar Gel
- Easy-press & turn for application
- Easy to apply, treat, and remove
- You only need a small amount to cover the scar
- Long-lasting treatment
- No prescription or scar removal needed
Mederma Advanced Scar Gel is a one-of-a-kind, patented formula used by dermatologists. Just get a small amount and rub it on the scar a few times each day.
The medication is an all-natural topical gel that works to improve the appearance of scars over time.
The reason this scar treatment gel works so well is that it's designed to be very easy to use. Just apply it on the scar using either your fingers or your clean fingers (do not use a cotton swab or any type of makeup applicator), and you can cover a scar that's the size of a paper cut, although ideally you should use it on scars that are older and larger.
8. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment
- Acne treatment gel
- Reduces acne and the appearance of acne scars
- Unique-vis formula
- It rinses off with water so even preteens can use it
- Higher price point then other acne products
- Only available with a prescription
La Roche Posay is a trusted skincare brand and this topical gel is a great drugstore pick if you find yourself with a serious acne problem that just won’t go away.
The Adapalene works by keeping the skin healthy and preventing pimples from developing. It helps to clear blemishes that have already occurred and provide visible improvement in two to 4 weeks.
9. AZALLY Advanced Scar Gel
- No smell – Smells good
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Helps reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- Use on c-section, acne, and chicken pox scars
- 14 day trial period
- Doesn't feel sticky or greasy and dries fairly quickly
- Not recognized by the FDA as an effective acne treatment
- Have to use it daily for maximum benefits
- The initial smell is pretty strong
- Ingredients include parabens and carbomer which some people react negatively to
- Some people have experienced small patches of skin irritation with this product
- It can be difficult to tell if the stretch marks or scars are fading or if you’re just getting used to them
The AZALLY Advanced Scar Gel is a powerful scar treatments that combines natural and pharmaceutical-grade ingredients for treating your acne scars, chicken pox scars and surgery scars. This product is also suitable for many other kinds of scars like those caused by burns or insect bites.
10. evologie Intensive Blemish Serum
- Lightweight moisturizing serum
- Lightens scars and acne
- Works on sensitive skin
At A Glance: An award-wining acne scar treatment that helps you heal acne scars and acne fast. This product is made in the USA under the FDA requirements. It is also cruelty-free without any parabens.
It is also fragrance-free, non-irritating and clinically tested. This product will also help reduce wrinkles while removing acne scars from your body.
My Review: If you want to get rid of those pesky acne scars, then evologie Intensive Blemish Serum is the product for you.
11. Bio-Oil Skincare Oil
- Incredibly effective
- Very affordable
- Leaves skin softer, smoother, and younger looking
- No need for a prescription
Bio-Oil ® is a lightweight body oil that is recommended by dermatologists all over the world and used by millions of people to treat scars, stretch marks, burns, acne, and other skin problems. It is a plant-based alternative to petroleum steroid treatments, making it a safe and effective way to heal scars and improve the look of your skin.
First, a little science. Bio-Oil is an emollient that contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids, all of which help to enhance the appearance of the scars and to soften and smooth your skin. Thanks to the vitamins and minerals, it also reduces the appearance of stretch marks. With daily use, Bio-Oil can remove most stretch marks in as little as six to twelve months.
12. Vitamin C Serum Plus 2% Retinol
- None, it's the best!
- None, it's the best!
- The only way to get rid of acne scars is to erase them with one of these extremely concentrated eye creams.
- I can't believe how big the bottle is, like the bottle is bigger than my hand!
- I'm not going to lie to you, the cream is a little sticky but it’s nothing that you can't get used to, and the results we're ridiculously amazing.
- After only a few days I have scars that are almost invisible, they're diminishing right before my eyes.
- I was super excited to be able to test out the product because I'm naturally skeptical about all of these claims, you know, you see and hear a lot but I'm happy to say that this is actually legit.
- It actually goes on light, it's a thin layer and it feels really good on your face.
- This is the only thing that has ever helped my face.
- What it does is it’s like a chemical peel in a sense that you just like watch all of your acne scars just slowly peel away.
13. MAJESTIC PURE EGF Scar Serum
- Works really well on acne scars
- Doesn’t cause skin irritations
- Reduces the appearance of scars from acne, surgery, cuts, etc.
- Lightens as well as smooths the skin
- Soothes acne
- Hasn’t caused breakouts
- Has impressive ingredients – it’s a great thing that the manufacturer didn’t shy away from including great and beneficial substances in it
- Doesn’t sting
- Doesn’t have a bad smell
- Doesn’t cause oily skin
- This product has a very strong scent and may irritate people who are overly sensitive to scents
- Only a little bit of this product is needed, so if you use too much, there might be too much EGF in the serum and nothing will get absorbed into the skin
14. PurOrganica RETINOL SERUM
- Applies easily and dries quickly.
- Lotion is key for the non oily-skinned person who still wants to diminish acne scars.
- The combination of the usual skin-perfecting ingredients: hyaluronic acid, jojoba oil and vitamin E.
- Convenient 1.0 fl oz. and 30 ml bottle.
- No mineral oil or parabens that are naturally toxic.
- This product isn’t cheap, but a little bit goes a long way.
- It’s hard to put it on gently right after washing, so save it for when your facial skin is already removed of most oils.
For Face, Eyes, Neck and Decollete…
15. Mederma PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream
- The majority of the drastic methods of treating scars can cause scars themselves, but since Mederma uses all natural ingredients like those found in the body’s own cells, these scars do not leave you with any side effects.
It is possible to obtain Mederma Overnight Scar Cream in a trial size, as it is a double pack. One of the advantages of this is that you can test it and see if you really like the product before you are left with a big tub of something unused.
Mederma is a balm, which is why it is important to apply before bedtime. If you want to get the maximum effect of the product, ensure that you apply it as soon as possible after the skin has been injured. This product should not be applied to skin with cuts, burns, or rashes. If you have been told that you have keloid scars, then you should not use this product. You should talk to your doctor before you begin using this product to see if it is good for you.
16. Skinuva Next Generation Scar Cream
- Silicone-free, fragrance-free and 100% cruelty-free
- Designed to treat acne scars
- Contains lactic acid and glycolic acid
- Safe for all skin types
- Fast results in as little as three weeks
- Results may vary based on severity of your acne scarring
- Works best when paired with a good skincare routine
The Acne Scar Treatment Solution is one of my top picks for the best acne scarring treatment because it improves the look and feel of your skin after just a few weeks’ use. The treatment is simple and straightforward, and there’s genuinely no better and more effective way to manage the appearance of scars.
17. Acne Scar Remover Cream
- Reduces the appearance of small acne scars
- Can be used as a preventative measure as well
- Proven to work over and over again
- A great value for your money
- Doesn’t reduce the look of larger scars
- Can’t be used on active acne breakouts
- Takes some time to see permanent results
This is the best solution for those who are looking to minimize the effect of acne scars that have already appeared on their face. The active ingredient used in this treatment cream is tranexamic acid, which is available at a much lower concentration than some of the other popular acne products on the market.
However, this combination of ingredients may also work well for treating acne breakouts before they get to that scar stage, as they work to keep your skin clean and clear from pimples.
Reviewers say that when they begin using the cream, the scars become soft and typically become hard to see within a few days. Because of this, you may want to use the cream sparingly when you’re attempting to get rid of acne-related scarring. Try using it once a week and adding another day to your routine once every two weeks. You can also switch up the days you use it to see which days work best for you.
18. NxN Acne Scar Treatment Gel
- 'Dramatic improvements are expected after 10 days of application', according to users
- 'Great for sensitive skin', according to users
- 'I highly recommend this product, I don't get breakouts anymore', according to users
- 'Immediately noticeable results', according to users
- 'Most natural looking results', according to users
- 'Effective natural scar healing and acne scar reduction', according to users
- 'Scarring gone!', according to users
- 'Very sticky', according to users
- 'Does not fade or reduce scarring', according to users
- 'Dries skin', according to users
- 'It could not heal my acne', according to users
- 'It took all my skin off when I used this, it was so sticky', according to users
Clear Skin Fast!
19. ScarClear Triple Action Scar Treatment .5oz
- A good alternative to laser treatments
- Effective for most types of scars
- Excellent customer service
- Made in the USA
- Can take time to see results
- Only sold online
This exciting new product is an effective scar treatment at a great price point. It takes a few months to see results. However, you should begin to see changes within the first 2-3 weeks. It can take time, so keep trying. It’s a great product, but everyone is different.
Your local drug store might sell products to remove acne scars, but they often contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, although they might work for some people.
Benzoyl peroxide can cause irritation and may not be suitable for people with sensitive skin. Salicylic acid can cause irritation, redness and possible allergic reactions.
20. 🔥 Keeva Organics 🔥 Intensive Acne Scar Removal Treatment Cream
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- No Parabens, Sulfates, Phosphates, Fragrance, Artificial Colors
- Repairs damaged skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve the appearance of acne scars
- Fades dark spots and improves the appearance of blemishes faster than other vitamin c serums, retinol treatments and other skin care products
21. LanBeNa Acne Scar Mark Removal Gel Ointment
- No flaking or peeling
- Easy to apply
- Slow rate of results
- Takes a long time to heal existing acne scars
LanBeNa Acne Scar Mark Removal Gel contains VITEX MEDIA, a natural ingredient that quickly removes acne scars, stretch marks, acne, pimples, scars, burn marks, etc.
It come with 2% salicylic acid, which is an effective ingredient that is often found in acne-fighting spot treatments.
Since the product absorbs quickly into the skin, it can be reapplied several times a day if needed. LanBeNa Acne Scar Mark Removal Gel can be used after a shower or a damp face wash.
22. Acne scar removal fading Vitamin C Serum and Vitamin B3 Serum
- The best acne scar treatments for new and old scars
- Vitamin C+B3+Hyaluronic Acid+Peptide+Tretinoin formula
- Designed to repair and regenerate the skin effectively
- Selected top-quality raw materials
- Anti-aging, refining pores and oil control function
- Quick absorption, no greasy aftertaste
- Clear the skin after acute acne, enhance the skin elasticity
- Moisturize and pore tighten, controlled oil that keeps sebum and excess sebum under control in pores
How to use:
After wash the face, clean the acne scars, apply the vitamin c serum and vitamin b3 serum onto scars area, need several drops for one scars area.
23. Acne Treatment Cream
- Secret Tea Tree Formula
- Acne Treatment Cream with Botanical Oils
- For Acne, Acne Scars, Spots, Blackheads, and Hyperpigmentation
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Most acne scars can be removed with the right treatment. Here's our reviews of the best acne scar removal products on the market.
How To Get Rid of Acne Scars – Follow This Step-By-Step Guide:
The scars from acne for the most part are not visible but underneath the skin it creates the formation of the acne bumps. If you want to get rid of acne, you can either use acne creams that are available in the market like EpiAcne, and ProActiv. If the acne is fresh and it's still in the stage when the reddness is a freshly formed bump, you need to dilute using the brown spot cream Exposed. Redness fades away and usually a newer look of pimples comes. But once the acne is cured, it leaves behind the scars.
24. Epibright Stem Cell Serum Acne Scar Removal
- An effective acne scar treatment cream
- Relieves pain
- Zero percent side effects
- Treats a wide range of scars
- A great value for money
The Epibright Stem Cell Serum is one of the most effective acne scar treatment creams available on the market, which is considered to be one of the best ways to remove acne scars for good.
This product works by forcing your body to heal on an accelerated scale so that it helps your skin grow back softer and smoother.
It uses stem cells from fruit ocean kelp that are rich in antioxidants and polyphenols to stimulate collagen formation for healing and repairing. Outcome: improved skin texture and tone, fewer wrinkles, and increased suppleness.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What vitamin helps get rid of acne scars?
The leading cause of acne scars is getting an acne breakout. If you’ve ever had acne before you know how frustrating it is to try to get rid of acne scars and how hard they are to deal with. But there is a vitamin, zinc, that actually helps get rid of acne scars. Zinc is important because acne scars are made from within the skin by a protein called collagen.
The decomposition process of acne scars happens much faster with zinc deficiency since there is a faster decomposition of collagen. Zinc stops the decomposition of collagen. As a result, acne scars could disappear in a matter of weeks.
So, if you have ever wondered how do I get rid of acne scars you are looking at a simple and natural solution that really works.
Which is the best acne scar removal cream?
Unfortunately, there is no cosmetic cream out there that will fully and permanently eliminate your acne scars, but there are many products that will reduce their visibility and severity.
Two of the absolute best and most proven treatments for acne scar removal are TCA peels and microneedling. Both are effective for treating deep atrophic acne scars and may also be used to treat smaller surface scars, as well as active acne.
If you have tried other treatments and gotten them to work, you may not need these. If you keep getting acne on your face, you might need these. Consider doing a 6-week course of either or both of these and see how well your scars improve.
Both processes need to be done by a trained professional to be safe, so talk with a dermatologist or esthetician if you are interested.
What would dermatologist recommend for acne scars?
Before we look at the best acne scar treatment, it's important to understand what acne scars are:
Acne is caused by the sebaceous glands under your skin becoming clogged up, which leads to an infection. This infection attacks the skin and causes it to become inflamed. It also causes a little pus-filled plug to form under the skin. These are called whiteheads.
If the whitehead is large enough, it will burst, creating a larger, inflamed sore called a pimple. Cases of severe acne can lead to a long-term scarring. This is because some of the scar tissue that is produced by the acne will remain after the rest of the scar tissue fades.
What is the most effective acne scar treatment?
There are hundreds if not thousands of products available on the market that claim to help you with your acne scarring. Often the best acne scar treatment products include salicylic acid, retinol, or glycolic acid. These 3 ingredients work to help fight acne, reduce pore size, deal with acne scarring, and fade acne scars. You want to make sure you purchase a product that contains these ingredients and works for your skin type.
It is important to understand that acne scars can often take some time to fade. Unfortunately, there will be no overnight miracle cure for your scars. While they might take time to fade, it is possible to fade your acne scars with the right products. It is best to work with your dermatologist when looking for the best acne scar treatments available. It is likely that many of the products your doctor prescribes will be the best acne scar treatments.
We hope that after reviewing this page, you have a better idea of which scar treatment is right for you. You’re blessed to live at a time when there’s a scar treatment to counter almost every challenge you’ll come across. So make it easy on yourself, and ensure relatively quick and painless surgery with your next skin surgery by choosing well. Having a well-healed scar is the best barometer of the treatment.
|Aroamas Advanced Scar Gel Medical-Grade Silicone||Best Overall|
|Acne Free Adapalene Gel 0.1%||Budget Pick|
|Skinuva Next Generation Scar Cream||Upgrade Pick|